Easy and heart healthy grilling at its best! I find that most people prefer eating boneless skinless thin-sliced chicken cutlets. For a fast and simple meal, marinate the chicken for one to three hours in the refrigerator. You can fire up an outdoor grill or cook indoors with a grill pan.
Grilled Chicken Breasts with Rosemary, Garlic, Lemon and Grapeseed Oil
- 2 Chicken breasts, pounded
- 1 Rosemary sprig, minced
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- 2 Tablespoons of grapeseed oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the gas grill or grill pan
- Pound chicken breasts after covering them with a sheet of plastic wrap.
- Using a meat mallet, pound chicken evenly.
- In a medium size baking dish, pour grapeseed oil, garlic, rosemary, lemon juice, salt and pepper, and dredge chicken breasts in it.
- Cover with plastic and store in the refrigerator for about 2-3 hours.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes on each side, rotating to get good grill marks and until thoroughly cooked through.
Here’s a take on the classic Tabbouleh dish, modified for a health conscious audience. It’s really easy to make, nutritious and goes well with this easy grilled chicken dish!
Cherry Pecan Tabbouleh
- 1 cup bulgur wheat
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup chopped dried cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 1/2 tablespoons walnut oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Combine bulgur and dried cherries in a medium bowl.
- Add 1 cup boiling water, and let stand 30 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- Fluff bulgur mixture with a fork.
- Stir in chopped parsley and the remaining ingredients, and toss gently to combine.